Mike Bafaro m.bafaro at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 14:31:10 EDT 2017

The unit I have is locking intermittently and I see the enclosed waveform at TP1 on the servo board when it is locked. The waveform at TP1 when unlocked is about .2V p-p.  I am concerned that the clipping on the bottom of the waveform is a problem with the bias on the sync detector stage.  I am just guessing. When the unit is locked the lamp voltage is 10.0V and the crystal voltage is 6.5V.  This seems to be OK. But in about 10 minutes it breaks lock and it may or may not lock again. But I had to add a .01uf at the lamp voltage pin of the main connector to get it to lock at all.  Without the .01uf cap it would break lock as soon as  I touched the DVM probe to the lamp pin on the main connector.  What is you experience with the unit?

Mike