[time-nuts] sine to square wave circuits - performance data?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Oct 4 17:14:29 EDT 2017

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:21:45 +0000
Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My calibrator board has a place for the feedback resistor so that I can
> implement the second LPRO circuit (or add hysteresis to the squarer gate.

I am not sure whether you meant that the feedback resistor adds hysteresis
to the squarer gate, but it does the exact opposite: it reduces hysteresis.
And that's exactly the point: less hysteresis means less jitter.
And as a nice side effect, it acts as a control loop to keep the output
duty cycle close to 50%.

				Attila Kinali
use without that foundation.