[time-nuts] Question about SA.33 Rb clock

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Oct 17 00:37:59 EDT 2017

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> The gotcha is that the spur spec’s are not always met. As you might guess,
> doing  testing over really wide DDS ranges is impractical. Some designs use
> cleanup loops. The gotcha then becomes a spur (say at 0.053 Hz) that is
> inside the cleanup loop bandwidth ….

How narrow can I make the loop bandwidth with a traditional analog filter
using reasonable parts?  Do people build GPSDO style digital filters?

Is there a reasonable formula for the spurs from a DDS?  That sounds like a
place where guaranteed-by-design would be appropriate.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.