[time-nuts] I've been thinking about a GPS receiver experiment

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:28:46 EDT 2017

Many years ago I  tried to add some code to Lady Heather to calculate the tempco and aging of the oscillator in a normally running Tbolt.   Although the equations would theoretically work (using SVD decomposition) it seldom worked properly.   Failure seemed to be caused by noise in the small numbers involved.   I wound up adding code that could do it by disabling disciplining to get aging and varying the temperature to get tempco.