[time-nuts] Designing an embedded precision GPS time server

Philip Gladstone pjsg-timenuts at nospam.gladstonefamily.net
Sat Oct 28 19:07:50 EDT 2017

I built a couple of NTP time servers around this board:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STM32-E407/open-source-hardware
which supports IEEE1588. It also acts as a PTP source on the LAN. It is
part of the IPv6 ntp pool and is currently serving about 1000 requests
per minute. It uses a custom PCB to connect to a small display an the
GPS board (it has support for a number of different GPS boards).

It just needs putting into a case to complete the project. Of course,
the last 10% takes 90% of the time!

Philip