[time-nuts] HP-531xx calibrator nearing completion

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Sep 8 22:29:16 EDT 2017

Hi

Quick and simple on the XOR doubler:

Buffer up your square wave. Output goes direct to one input of the XOR. Other
input goes through a filter to give you a phase shift. Low pass is one option. Band
pass is another option. Both benefit from being tunable. Net result is that you can get
the sub-harmonics down to about the -40 db level. Phase noise will floor out at whatever
the floor of the logic you use is. ( = it’s not magic)

Bob