[time-nuts] Z3801A and Z38XX Issues

Brad Stockdale taynoo at hush.com
Sat Sep 16 09:27:07 EDT 2017

>From what I recall, the manual was accurate on the baud, stop bits,
parity, etc. Just a few thoughts.... Make sure that the serial port is
working as expected... Do a loop back test if possible. Are you using
a USB to Serial adapter? Many of them have some weird quirks. IMHO,
FTDI based adapters work better than others.  Forego using the Z38XX.
Try using a plain terminal app and see if you get any weird characters
echo'd back instead of expected responses. Etc... There are a lot of
possible causes when a serial connection isn't working right.

On 9/16/2017 at 12:26 AM, "Richard Solomon"  wrote:Not according to
the manual, but then that could be my problem !!
73, Dick, W1KSZ
Sent from Outlook