[time-nuts] Environmental sensor recommendations

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Apr 5 13:50:56 EDT 2018

Mark!

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 07:13:49 +0000
Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at the TEMPer devices, but almost all of them seem to be HID
> devices that emulate a digi-monkey typing on a keyboard...

NTPsec uses them in a polled mode.  Very easy to work with.

    # temper-poll -c
    22.1

Python code to do it all here:

    https://github.com/padelt/temper-python

You can get a TEMPer pretty cheap if you order directly from China.

> an emulate a serial port.

I find that a negative.

> it costs more than the dogtaian USB-PA that also does pressure.

You're looking at list prices, they are a lot cheaper on ebay.  But
yes, pressure is nice to have.  Next time I need a sensor I'll
try the USB-PA.

RGDS
GARY