[time-nuts] Dual GPSDO - any advantage?

Clint Jay cjaysharp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:32:56 EDT 2018

Ahh, I've found the listing, has anyone received one?

I hate to say this but I'm highly sceptical that they will ever turn up,
looks and smells very much like the standard eBay scam to me.

On 10 April 2018 at 14:52, Bob kb8tq <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Simple answer is that the “simple” approaches don’t do much to improve
> things.
> Errors are indeed un-correlated, even off of the same antenna. You *could*
> average the result off of the two. That might improve things by sqrt(2). My
> experience is that the bumps and lumps (when they do occur) are not the
> sort
> of thing that averages out nicely…..
>
> Bob
>
> > On Apr 10, 2018, at 1:43 AM, donald collie <donaldbcollie at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I`ve just bought two GPSDO`s from China @ US$9-50 each [This is not an
> > error!] They are stated as being new, and use a Trimball dual oven OCXO.
> > plan to run these in parallel [2 antennas, 2 feedlines, and 2 GPSDO`s]
> It`s
> > been said that a man with two watches is never happy - unless, of course,
> > they agree with each other ;-). Being identical the outputs should be
> > coherent, unless one becomes faulty [one advantage of having two - any
> > discrepancy and you know something must be wrong]], but is there some
> > crafty way I can squeeze a little more "accuracy" out of two than if I
> only
> > used one?
> > TIA for your comments............................................Donald
> > Brett Collie ZL4GX
> >
> > PS : I have no connection to the eBay seller. The US$9-50 seems to
> include
> > a basic puck antenna, long downlead, and 4 interseries adaptors

Clint. M0UAW IO83

*No trees were harmed in the sending of this mail. However, a large number
of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.*