[time-nuts] Chinese GPS Survey Antenna

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Apr 11 00:11:14 EDT 2018

Time-nuts!

A while back there was a discussion of cheap Chinese GPS survey
antennas.

I purchased a TOPGNSS model GN-GGB0710..  Took about a month to
arrive.  They claim GPS L1 L2 GLONASS G1 G2 BDS B1 B2 B3 and Galileo.

I bought it on aliexpress for $75 inc. shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-3-3-18V-High-precision-high-gain-measurement-GNSS-GPS-GLONASS-BDS-Cors-rtk-GNSS/32815576155.html

Specs are here:

http://www.topgnss.com/gnssmodule/showproduct.php?lang=en&id=59

Antenna connection is a simple TNC connector and mounts on a standard
5/8-11 thread.  They say 3.3 to 18V.  I'm running it on 5V.
Construction quality seems fine.  Just as in the picture.

After a few hours of use I can say it is a nice little antenna.  I
seem to be getting good strong L1, L2, L5 and GALILEO signals on all
elevations and azimuths.

A gross comparison to my Trimble 22020 shows the two as roughly
comparable. Except I get stronger GALILEO on the TOPGNSS.  I have no
way to push either antenna to the limit.

Many thanks to the list for some fine product suggestions.  Add this
one to the list.

RGDS
GARY