[time-nuts] TCVCXO Adjustment

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:48:11 EDT 2018

Why not put a GPS receiver in it ?  It won't always get a lock, but if it
gets accurate time every few weeks it can do the long-term tweaking someone
suggested in the watch thread (call in to the watch repair two weeks
apart). Except it can be done more or less EVERY two weeks.

I agree, a phone app is also a way to implement the time code generator.
But there's a lot to be said for a self-contained box for some jobs, and
the hassle of linking it to a phone or PC can be avoided for $10 on the
BOM. It doesn't even need to be a 'good' one - the TCXO is going to keep it
accurate enough over the months you can spend tracking the error.