[time-nuts] Heathkit GC 1000 Most Accurate Question

Dave Daniel kc0wjn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 12:39:46 EST 2018

Hi, Bill.

I have three GC-1000s, one unbuilt and two built. Both of the built
radios have stopped showing a time display. I haven't had a chance to
figure out what happened to them. I live very close to Fort Collins, CO.

I experience power failures fairly often and when my clocks were working
they used to take a very long time (on the order of a day) to re-sync
after power came back on. I am wondering if the power failures might
have damaged my radios in some way.

Have you double-checked the settings on your radio against the manual,
and have you done any experiments to see if the receiving conditions
where you have your clock located haven't changed or are not conducive
to reception?

DaveD