[time-nuts] Anyone have experience with this antenna?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Feb 7 09:38:26 EST 2018

Hi

It’s not the end stops that are the issue. It’s the wall of the pipe. If the dimensions in
the sketch are roughly correct and you scale it to the dimensions of the eBay antenna,
that is a big tall pipe. Indeed “nothing overhead” would mitigate part of the issue. That magic
line runs roughly along Hadrian’s Wall in the UK. I’d bet that 80 degrees overhead would still be
an issue.

Again, this is an extreme case and not the typical cover for a GPS antenna.

Water wise, one might note the large piles of snow sitting on my antennas at the moment. Yes, I
could go knock it off, but somehow it just keeps coming back. Weird how winter works …. There
is no perfect solution.

Bob