[time-nuts] HP 5065A super

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:02:25 EST 2018

Yes, have the board done with ENIG gold.  It typically adds around $15 per run of boards.  I do all my boards with ENIG gold... if for no other reason than the gold color makes it very easy to determine when your solder paste properly covers the pads.

And, as Charles mentioned,  the quality and thickness of the gold can vary depending upon the board house.  I have used gojgo.com for a lot of boards.  They do very good, quick work,  are well priced, and they seem to have the best gold finish.

Hard gold finish is VERY expensive these days.  I've been quoted $250+ for setup charges and per-board costs of over $25.