[time-nuts] Stable32 now available

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 06:38:04 EST 2018

On 3 January 2018 at 11:08, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> Anyway, code like this can be written to compile and work across all the
> relevant *IX operating systems with a minimum of effort, so I don't think
> a separate port to any of *BSD, Linux, Solaris or AIX should be necessary.
>
> --

But to achieve code to work on those platforms, it needs regular testing on
those platforms, because otherwise non-portable code will be introduced.
That's been my experience, both on projects I have managed, and the
SageMath mathematical software.

I have here machines running Solaris (both x86 and SPARC), one that runs
AIX, and another another that runs HP-UX, although I have not powered up
the AIX or HP-UX machines for a few years, so I don't know if they still
work. But if there was interest, I could make any of these available by
remote access to others using ssh, although due to power consumption, I
would not run them 24/7/365. The UK is pretty expensive for energy.

Dave