[time-nuts] Looking for information regarding Trimble 33429-00 microcentered GPS antenna.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jan 19 09:43:20 EST 2018

Hi

It is very much a 12V antenna. It also is a “50 db gain” antenna as well.
Most of the timing gear is looking for 20 to 30 db less gain than that in
an antenna. The good news is that you can run a really big splitter after
one to drive lots of stuff. The bad news is that you may still need attenuators.

Looking at the snow piles on my GPS antennas, I would not recommend using
the ground plane. It will significantly increase the load on the mount ….

Bob