[time-nuts] minimalist sine to square

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 19 18:13:26 EST 2018

A fast DIP comparator such as an LT1016 should work but it won't perform well without an effective ground plane.

If a CMOS gate is used then a low Q LC impedance step up network or equivalent will be needed to increase the signal swing at the gate input. Add a couple of schottky diode clamps for overvoltage clamping (internal CMOS gate clamp devices usually degrade performance if they conduct).

Bruce