[time-nuts] HP 53131A Power Off Mod

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:32:28 EDT 2018

I had also modified my HP 53132A but kept it extra simple and the
modification
allows me to use the counter normally..

On my HP 53132A I just mounted a toggle switch in one of the unused holes
for
the back panel BNC input connectors and wired the switch in series with the
power
connector. The front panel power/standby switch is unmodified and works as
usual
and if I want to completely power down I can reach around to the back and
turn the
added switch to the off position. Much easier than the other modifications
I've seen
and is easily removable if you want to sell the unit unmodified.

-Arthur