[time-nuts] a newbie question: where can I purchase 794.7nm VCSEL for building CPT rubidium clock?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jun 11 04:57:50 EDT 2018

On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 16:54:15 +0800
mimitech mimitech <mimitech at gmail.com> wrote:

> I prefer the 780/795nm VCSEL scheme for its simplicity. After some
> searching, looks like the 780nm VCSELs are also not easy to source,
> although other types of 780nm LD are common.

Why are you focusing on VCSEL anyways? Standard laser diodes already
have a modulation bandwidth that goes into several 100MHz, the better
ones should give you 1-2GHz. With that, you should be within 6dB,
maybe 10dB of the CW power. Given that you only need a few 10µW to 100µW
of laser power, and that those diodes are in the 1-30mW range should
give you enough margin.

			Attila Kinali
use without that foundation.