[time-nuts] a newbie question: where can I purchase 794.7nm VCSEL for building CPT rubidium clock?

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:49:53 EDT 2018

I've been told that CD player type diodes can be successfully modulated
up to about 600 MHz, but that going much further is either difficult or
perhaps impossible.  This came from a guy (at Tektronix) who worked with
various types
of diode lasers a lot, back in the 1980's.  But at least they are cheap.  I
suspect that the leaded
package is a significant part of the issue; this ought to be somewhat
mitigated
by a suitable RF matching network.

Dana