[time-nuts] Microsemi up for sale?

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Sat Mar 3 12:45:12 EST 2018

There is an announcement of the impending purchase on the Microchip website.

>From my perspective this is a good thing as I've been eyeing some of the
microsemi semiconductor products for some time for use in various designs
of mine and this is likely to make those products easier to incorporate due
to the microchip sales policies.

Not sure how this will work for the finished products they sell as
historically microchip has only been a semiconductor maker.  It wouldn't be
surprising to see microchip divest themselves of the assembled product
line.  I know microchip has divested themselves of small portions of
acquired businesses in the past when they didn't fit their roadmap.