[time-nuts] ULN regulator with more current capability than LT3042?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Mar 20 05:09:01 EDT 2018

Hoi Gerhard,

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 21:41:28 +0100
Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp at arcor.de> wrote:

> Use the LT3042 with an external power transistor, such as D44VH10G:
>
> <
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/137684711@N07/29197476530/in/album-72157662535945536/
>  >

> Performance is about the same as the LT3042 alone. That is exactly the
> circuit from the data sheet

Have you measured it's dynamic performance?
I did some spice simulations some time ago and noticed that there are
some load conditions where this circuit is very close to oscillation
(ie load changes lead to heavy ringing)....of course, this is under
the assumption that the spice model of the LT3042 is accurate in that
regard.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.