[time-nuts] WWVB Antenna revisited/Spectracom 8182

Ruslan Nabioullin rnabioullin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:32:24 EDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:25 AM, D. Resor <organlists at pacbell.net> wrote:

> I've been reading and researching what I will need to connect a Spectracom
> 8182 Netclock/2 for use here at home as a WWV(B) clock.

from Spectracom's official website:

``
8182 NetClock/2
WWVB referenced master clock. Will no longer operate as intended due to the
changes in the WWVB signal in 2012. Successor product is the SecureSync
time and frequency reference system [not true, at least in our enlightened
context---the SecureSync system is merely GNSS; the only terrestrial signal
that it's capable of is eLoran, but even that requires a separate receiver
unit].
''

The best approach would be to set up at least one HF AM receiver tuned to
WWV or CHU (preferably using a jamming-resistant antenna configuration),
connecting it to your NTP server, the daemon of which would use the NTP
WWV/CHU decoder modules.

-Ruslan

--
Ruslan Nabioullin