[time-nuts] nuts about position

Gabs Ricalde gsricalde at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:34:50 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> kb8tq at n1k.org said:
>> One important qualifier to re-state. L1 post processing is very dependent on
>> the distance to an “open” source of correction data. The spacing of those
>> sites over the US is highly variable. If you get outside the US it is very
>> much a “that depends” sort of thing. Some countries apparently don’t have
>> the same sort of open site network
>
> Is there a map of the available locations?

Hi Hal,

There are maps for IGS [1], CORS [2], and EUREF [3] stations (and
probably others I'm not familiar with). For those three, RINEX obs
data can be downloaded if you want to do post processing with RTKLIB.
Centimeter-level static relative positioning is possible with single
frequency receivers and a reference station that is near (~10 km,
maybe more depending on the ionosphere).

[1] http://www.igs.org/network
[2] https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS_Map/
[3] http://www.epncb.oma.be/_networkdata/stationmaps.php