[time-nuts] Ashtech Z12 question.

Peter Monta pmonta at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:40:41 EDT 2018

> Well, my Z12 stopped tracking sats yesterday.   It passes all self-tests.
>  I then replaced the memory backup batteries... it fixed the bootup error
> problem, but still won't track sats.

Rats.  Is the antenna known to be good?  Is the Z12 providing bias on the
antenna cable?  Did the Z12 stop tracking right in the middle of the
session with no nearby events or configuration changes?  If you can
manually inject DC to the antenna with a bias tee, verify the presence of
signal with another receiver, then feed the signal to the Z12 (or use a
splitter to feed both receivers), that might be worth trying.