[time-nuts] Question about frequency counter testing

Oleg Skydan olegskydan at gmail.com
Sun May 13 03:07:57 EDT 2018

Hi Bob!

From: "Bob kb8tq" <kb8tq at n1k.org>
> It’s only useful if it is accurate. Since you can “do code” that gives you
> results that are better than reality,
> simply coming up with a number is not the full answer. To be useful as
> ADEV, it needs to be correct.

I understand it, so I try to investigate the problem to understand what can
be done (if any :).

> I’m sure it will come out to be a very cool counter. My *only* concern
> here is creating inaccurate results
> by stretching to far with what you are trying to do. Keep it to the stuff
> that is accurate.

I am interested in accurate results or at least with well defined
limitations for a few specific measurements/modes. So I will try to make
results as accurate as I can do/it can be done keeping simple hardware.

Thanks!
Oleg