[time-nuts] Electronic Research Co. Precision Crystal Oscillator.

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 17:48:48 EDT 2018

Hi.

A little while ago, I acquired an ERC EROS - 800-MIL-2  10MHz 24V
powered OCXO, dated 95-23.

Well, it seems to work, and comparing with the trusty Thunderbolt, once
warmed up and viewed on a dual channel 'scope, where one channel is
triggered from one source, the drift relative to each other is some 16
seconds for a full cycle of drift.

I've tried to lookup the spec of these things, and found surprisingly
little, other than scan's of oriental data sheets, that of course
neither I nor Google can translate.  But is that a reasonable sort of
performance?

I have no idea what it came out of, but it's surprisingly lightweight,
the outer casing get's "gently warm" after it's been powered on for an
hour or so, but otherwise appears fine.

Is it worth keeping as a portable reference, or ???

Regards to All.

Dave B.  (G8KBV/G0WBX)