[time-nuts] WTB: HP/Agilent/Symmetricom 58517A Distribution Amplifier

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri May 18 13:26:47 EDT 2018

Hi

Well, a 4 port with 16 way splitters on each port is a *lot* of GPS devices……. Doing the
same with an 8 port is a lot of lot of devices :)

For a “over a hundred port” sort of solution, I think I would go with one of the custom GPS
amplifiers and then run passive splitters after that. It’s going to be very bulletproof and less
money than the prices you typically see on the 8 way HP devices.

Given the way the HP amps do their thing, a passive splitter after a single amp is going to be
a lot closer to “equal access” than the HP device.

Bob