[time-nuts] ✘NEO-M8N vs. NEO-M8T

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun May 20 20:22:17 EDT 2018

The main significant difference between the M8N and M8T is the fact that the M8T can output raw data (and sawtooth).   The hardware is the same so there should not be much difference PPS wise between the two.

I have Lady Heather's RINEX writer working pretty well.  Tested with the LEA-4T/5T/6T, the Furuno GT87, the NVS-08, and the Ashtech Z12 (with L1 and L2 data).   It supports GPS/SBAS/GLONASS/GALILEO (with hooks for future BEIDOU) observations).  GLONASS and GALILEO have not yet been tested with the M8T...  I'm still waiting for the M8T to arrive.  It currently outputs RINEX 2.11 format with some hooks for future v3.03 support.

L1 only results with 24 hours of observations and "ultra rapid" orbits yield error estimates in lat/lon/alt of around 0.15/0.15/0.3 meters pk-pk.  With 2 hours of data the errors are around twice that.  L1/L2 with the Z12 were 31/40/88 mm (antenna is in a TERRIBLE  location).