[time-nuts] 5950 Crystal impedance meter manual

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu May 24 02:07:36 EDT 2018

Hi Bernd,

On 05/24/2018 07:40 AM, Bernd Neubig wrote:
> Hello,
> on the website of my company you can find a list of papers on the subject of crystal measurement techniques.
> http://www.axtal.com/English/TechnicalNotes/TechnicalArticlesPublications/LiteratureaboutQuartzCrystals/
>
> The actual standard procedure for crystal  measurement is by using modern network analyzers with error correction, as given in the IEC publication 60444-5.
> A description of the method and its variants can be found in my 2012 paper listed on the mentioned website.

I was hoping you would chime in on this thread eventually. Looks very
interesting.

It seems I should do some software processing after sweeping using my
HP4195A. It hss some internal matching, but you have warned that it gets
confused about wide-band or narrow-band properties :)

> Enjoy

Always! :)

Cheers,
Magnus