[time-nuts] Trueposition GPSDO CTS version for UK buyers

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Thu May 24 18:52:56 EDT 2018

This is a nice GPSDO but there doesn't seem to be too many about these days compared with the earlier Bliley version, and searching the usual channels from the UK currently seems to brings up just one, Ebay ref 152981122366.

39.99 USD is a pretty good price, and despite being described as used it does look pretty much like new from the photo, but shipping to the UK is 55 USD, so already a total of 95 USD, plus a fair chance of tax and handling charges on top.

A slightly different search though brings up Ebay ref 162691061234 for a complete Trueposition LMU300, with said GPSDO still safely tucked inside, and that for only 39 USD, plus shipping and taxes paid up front via the global shipping program.

The total works out at just under 85USD each, and with no local charges to worry about, what was that about no brainer? :-)

Ok, so it's no longer quite your $40 GPSDO, and aside from a few cables and fans, and perhaps the box, much of the rest of it is probably not tooooo useful, but again all looks to be as new, cal seals intact on the one I've had arrive so far, and it does seem to be the cheapest option for UK buyers, which leaves me a bit surprised these haven't sold out sooner.

Usual disclaimer, no vested interest whatsover, but with just three left if you hesitate I might buy another whilst you're thinking about it:-)

Nigel, GM8PZR