[volt-nuts] 3458A AC board

Randy Scott scottr9 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 13:31:45 UTC 2009

Gents,

I have a 3458A on its way to me that fails self test with the error "202 Hardware Failure - Slave Test: AC Board".  The assembly-level repair manual calls for replacing the AC converter board (at $1200 minus a $200 trade-in for the broken board).  Assuming that it is actually broken and its not something simple, does any one have an opinion on the repairability of the board?  Would the component-level "information packet" be worthwhile?  Or, should I just bite the bullet and buy a new board from Agilent?

Thanks.

Randy.