[volt-nuts] 3458A AC board

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:41:36 UTC 2009

Check to see if you can see any etches going to the "spare" fuses.  If, so... they ain't spare.

It was fairly common for equipment of this vintage to have spare fuses,  but I have never seen them soldered down.  Are the spares mounted in sockets and the others soldered down?.

Also when replacing pin lead/pico/wire lead fuses of fairly small amp (< 2A?) rating,  I usually install pins from an old machine pin wire-wrap socket onto the circuit board.  That way you can replace the fuse without having to do more soldering on the board.  Many times whatever killed the fuse is a persistent fault and will kill the replacement.