[volt-nuts] Motorola buried zener

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Sep 13 01:03:43 UTC 2009

Mike S wrote:
> A number of older Fluke voltage references used a Motorola buried
> zener device as a reference (from what I gather). Anyone know the part
> number for that device, have a link to a datasheet, or have specs?

I thought that they were 1N821 series or similar TC compensated discrete
zeners ( series stack of a zener chip plus one or more forward biased
diodes all in same hermetically sealed package)?
IIRC thats what the manual states.
I have datasheets for most of the Motorola TC zeners if thats what you need.

Bruce