[volt-nuts] Best reference after LTZ1000

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Wed Aug 25 00:02:12 UTC 2010

Hello WarrenS,

Time for me to leave for the night, but the image/graph came through,
and it is AWESOME!
This is what's needed.  More later, thanks a ton.

Also the point you emphasize is vital, voltage references are not
identical, some are more stable that others even within the same
model line.  Aging and grading is a key function, and very hands on,
which being labor extensive, translated to expen$ive, as we see in
the HP 3458a high precision option board.

At 07:10 PM 8/24/2010, WarrenS wrote:
>(One more try to see it still throws most of my response and the
>attachment away)
>
>Marvin Posted
>>... for short term stability as transfer references, no time
>>statement what short means,
>>I presume at minimum the time it takes to receive US mail from coast to coast
>
>The thing that seems to be skipped over a bit too lightly is to get
>the Best reference for a Volt Nut, (or freq nut) no mater what you're using,
>It is ALL about aging, grading and selecting the best from a bunch
>of them and then making the best better, by matching or TCing or whatever.
>
>What Geller's stuff did was allow me a Fast, Cheap, and Easy way to
>sort thorough a  lot of stuff to make several and find the best ones.
veral and find the best ones.