[volt-nuts] First post

Dick Moore richiem at hughes.net
Wed Jan 20 21:19:08 UTC 2010

Hi all. This is my first post to volt-nuts. Glad to find this list; got here from time-nuts. My little lab (on the western shore of Puget Sound) has a couple of Fluke 732A DC Refs, an HP 3458A (no options), a Datron 1082 DMM, a Fluke 5440B Direct Volts Calibrator, a couple of Fluke 510A AC Standards (400Hz and 40kHz), and a variety of resistance standards, other bridges, meters, etc.

I hope to make time to dig around in the archives. For now, I'm interested in any experience you all have with the long-term drift of the Fluke/Motorola reference modules used in the 732s, the 5440 and the 510s (as well as the 850x series of meters). I'm also wondering about the stability of the 510s in particular, which seem very drift prone and highly temperature sensitive -- comments and any practical mods welcome. Has anyone subbed in an LTZ1000A in any of these units?

I hope to begin using a Prologix USB>GPIB converter, yet to be purchased, for data gathering and control, via Ulrich's EasyGPIB

Best,
Dick Moore