[volt-nuts] HP3458A SCAL hardware

Randy Scott scottr9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 18:32:27 UTC 2010

> I tested it with my HP3577A, and the results are not discouraging:
> The flatness from 100kHz to 2MHz is close to spec, but I loose
> about 0.1dB from 2MHz to 8MHz.

Is this with or without the attenuation from your circuit?

Is is possible that the attenuator could add too much error?  For example, I was looking at this SMA 10 dB attenuator:

http://www.crystek.com/microwave/spec-sheets/attenuator/CATTEN-0100.pdf

The difference in attenuation between 300 kHz and 10 MHz is 0.03 dB, nearly double the amount of error allowed.

> Has anybody tried this?

I've been on the look-out for the thermal converters, but they seem quite difficult to find (for the prices I'm willing to pay, anyway).

Randy.