[volt-nuts] HP3458A SCAL hardware

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jun 21 21:25:58 UTC 2010

In message <A4745DFDC9CB48A0931823828C04651E at gb02>, "Greg Burnett" writes:

>Incidentally, due to the 3458A's input impedance imperfections as a function
>of high-frequency, I really can't much imagine people using the 3458A AC
>mode for measurements above 100kHz anyway.

See, this sort of gets to the heart of my effort:  I don't care
about performance above 100kHz, but I have not been able to figure
out from the manual, what impact, if any, the 2MHz and 8MHz
calibrations have at lower frequencies.

If there is no relevant impact, My attenuator method will certainly
work for my purposes.