[volt-nuts] Fluke 845AB Null Detector

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 21:57:39 UTC 2010

Yes,  my 845AB has a pretty sensitive null control.   I can get it to zero without too much fiddling.  There is some filter lag between tweaks and meter movement.

I checked all the electrolytic caps and replaced a couple of suspect ones.

I just rebuilt my Fluke 343A DC calibrator.  It started acting funky after a 24 hour power failure. The output would cycle up and down about 30% over a 1 minute period.  Turns out about 6 small electrolytic caps went.  All is now well.  The thing is spookily stable.  1 uV to 1000 volts outs.  Not too bad for 50 bucks.

Wish it did AC.  I have a 5200A ac calibrator but it only goes to 100V.  The 5205 power amp weighs about 100 pounds and uses vacuum tubes for the output.