[volt-nuts] Keithley 2001 fix continues

Alan Scrimgeour scrimgap at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 22:40:16 UTC 2010

I just powered up the Keithley 2001 with all the previously overheating electrolytics and a tantalum replaced and the damaged board areas repaired, but sadly there is no change in the display, Having the capacitors and the  5V regulator on long legs makes measurements possible: I've found that the 5V regulator is supplying 1.2 amps. There's  149mA ac component at 100Hz. There may be a higher frequency component but as I'm relying on my multimeter I can't spot such subtleties.

More interesting perhaps is that C117, a 35V 1000uF electrolytic, has only 0.3V across it. An ohm meter reads about 0.6 Ohms, so it looks like something on this line has shorted (a tant?) and I'll be concentrating on trying to find that next.

Alan