[volt-nuts] Keithley 2001 - and Tek gear

John Lofgren jlofgren at lsr.com
Tue Nov 16 15:20:15 UTC 2010

Not to hijack a thread or get off topic, but that's why we love the older Tek gear.  Their documentation was first rate.  That voluminous and detailed documentation did come back to bite them, though.

I read story in " Winning with people: The first 40 years of Tektronix" about the Tek people discovering counterfeit scopes that the military (Navy?) was having built.  As part of their contract to supply scopes they had to supply documentation that amounted to a detailed build manual for the product.  Once the military customer had the documentation they shopped it around to contract manufacturers and found somebody who would build the scopes to print for, presumably, a lower price than the genuine Tek unit.

Looks like there is such a thing as too much information :)

-John