[volt-nuts] Low Frequency noise on LTZ1000A and tempco of unheatedLTZ

Dr. Frank Stellmach drfrank.stellmach at freenet.de
Sun Oct 31 23:21:08 UTC 2010

>  Ok on the one side i'm relieved to hear that. On the other it makes me
>  hardly to believe that a tempco of 0.05ppm/K can be reached just by heating
>  the reference. In this case the temperature regulator should have a
>  stability of 0.001K???

Obviously, that's exactly the case.

In the Datron 4910 manual, p. 1-4, "principles of operation", it's described that the chips temperature is controlled to within 1mK.
The spec is 0.05ppm/K. Although both values do not have to do directly with each other, that seems to be the description of a 50ppm/K TC of the unheated element.

Well, do not add too many capacitance, otherwise the temp regulation may get stuck, heating the element to over 100°C, which may cause drift.

regards Frank