[volt-nuts] Fluke 720A Kelvin Varley Divider Questions

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Sun Sep 19 22:54:54 UTC 2010

Hi Frank,

You bring up a good point concerning the 750A Divider String.  It happens to have the same quality of resistors as used in the 720 and other Fluke instruments as well.

It was designed to divide the cardinal points up to a 1000 volts down to either a Standard Cell or a 10 volt reference like the 731 (at the time) using the 845 null meter.  The 720 was used to check the linearity of the decade switches on the 332/335 Reference Supplies of that era.

Unfortunately I do not own a 720, but I do have a 750 to go along with my 332's, 335's and 845's.  Some day I may get lucky ?

Bill....WB6BNQ