[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Test Leads

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Aug 4 22:43:08 UTC 2011

Bill,

Thanks for all the info.

I ordered the connectors from Kensington Electronics using the part numbers
posed on an earlier email.  Very friendly folks but they want a 'company'
name.  I used my practice.

http://www.keiconn.com/

They have a $50 minimum order.  One connector and cable clamp meets that
requirement.

I would appreciate the part number of the switch you ordered.  Also, if you
could send me a picture of the connector end and the 'probe' end of the
cables you found, I would appreciate it.

What is the EEPROM part number?  I have a couple of programmers that likely
will take care of that but I just need to know the EEPROM part number.
Also, are there other EPROM's or EEPROM's that need to be archived?

Also, are there facilities that still 'calibrate' the 7081?

I have been wondering about whether to 'twist' the wires from the connector
to the alligator clips, and, if so, which wires to 'twist' and which wires
to 'shield'.  It might make a difference with 'noise' at least as suggested
by one of the service notes I read on the 3458A.

Joe