[volt-nuts] Battery pack info for Fluke 731B

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Aug 21 15:44:06 UTC 2011

David,

The battery pack is made up of 12 cells that are 2/3 A cells.  Energy Sales
in
Redmond, WA, made the pack for Fluke and can still make up a pack (minimum
charge is $100 for 1 pack) but I gave up at the thought of $100.  However, I
never asked how much for 2 or 3 packs.

The currently available pack (made up special when you order) uses
'upgraded' 600 mAH batteries and they are NiCd.  Therefore, I suspect the
original battery pack was something less than 600 mAH.

I have two of the 731B's and made up a replacement battery pack out of 12
AAA NiCd cells in 3 Radio Shack 4 cell battery holders that I taped to the
bracket that holds the battery pack.  It seems to work great for my two.

The website for Energy Sales is:

http://www.energy-sales.com/

The part number for the pack is ES-1122.  If you are inclined to order 'the
original' battery pack, we could inquire what price for 3 or 4 packs and
perhaps get a better price.

Hope this helps.

Joe