[volt-nuts] Optimation, Inc. CS-110 Precision Current Source

Demian Martin demianm_1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 19:08:56 UTC 2011

Bob
I have a 1975 Optimation catalog. They were bought by Julie Research around
then. Julie research is now part of Ohm-Labs http://www.ohm-labs.com/ .

The CS110 is an AC current source, .02%, 10Hz to 100 KHz. Probably used with
their AC calibrator as a source. The catalog item may include other boxes.
The CS112 (a DC variation on it) was listed as $2,875 in 1975.

I have the AC110 ac calibrator which works well after 40 years. I have the
manuals for the AC calibrator. I could scan some of the pages if that would
help. The CS110 is probably full of high precision resistors. The AC
calibrator has something like 50 Vishay foil resistors in its attenuator,
showing that they were not afraid to spend money on good parts.
      Demian