[volt-nuts] Resistance standard

Mitch Van Ochten mitch at vincentelectronics.com
Mon Aug 22 22:50:09 UTC 2011

Hi Rob,

ESI recommended "Drakeol 9 LT mineral oil" in their literature which I
couldn't find in small
quantities.  I investigated a synthetic oil replacement called SpectraSyn
PAO and Exxon offered
to send a sample.  After checking with a chemist at work I decided not to.
He said over many years of immersion the "long chain parrafin" as Mike
mentioned would be the best, and
less likely to deteriorate the insulation than the synthetic replacement.

I have attached a chart he sent me for the group's observation.

Mitch