[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Fred pa4tim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:35:33 UTC 2011

It is allready difficult to get a home made Vref stable in my own home.
I think it must be possible to do it but it must be build very stable
and oven controlled, in that case humidity will have less influence too
(I think)
No use of potentiometers. I use them in a homebuild one. To fine adjust
you do not need a screwdriver, it I can do it by tapping on the
cabinet ;-)

It is a nice plan (not for me, shipping will be no fun from here and I
have some references) That way you can make your own and calibrate it to
the know one.
I have a solartron 7601, I hook it up to my Westoncells and calibrate
the meter that way. (in the cal menu you can tell the meter what the
refernce voltage is you feeding the meter. I know the value of my cells
(worst case within 10uV) so this is a handy way. I then monitor my 332
or 735A with that meter so I know the correction.

Fred