[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Fri Aug 26 18:53:01 UTC 2011

John wrote:

>I think you will end up on Fox news and the Reference will end up
>"defused" with a controlled explosion :)

I recently ordered several of these, and I also quite often order
larger SLA batteries for UPS replacements.  They all arrive by UPS,
USPS, or FedEx with no drama and no hazmat labels that I can
see.  (But I don't think they are shipped by air, if someone is
contemplating that.)

>I am still thinking LTZ1000 is the way to go

I concur, since "better is always better."  But it does appear that a
399 can, without undue difficulty, meet the design specifications, at
least if it is kept powered on.  I still think hysteresis is a
significant worry if the off time extends to days, particularly if it
is subjected to wide temperature changes during shipment.

Best regards,

Charles