[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Aug 26 19:56:51 UTC 2011

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<4E57F240.8060105 at c-c-i.com>, Bob Smither writes:
>

>>> range, I would not leave anything to chance -- and retrace (hysteresis)
>>> is always a matter of chance,
>>>
> Wouldn't the "degaussing trick" Tektronix uses on the LTZ1000
> help here ?

For that to work the chip temperature needs to be cycled.
This is easy to do with an LTZ1000 as the temperature setpoint can
easily be modulated with an external signal.
With an LM399/LM199 cycling the chip temperature ina controlled manner
is more difficult as suitable internal temperaure regulation circuit
nodes arent acessible.
With a discrete zener modulating the chip temperature is easily achieved
via an external heater.

Bruce